Talk:List of Known Bugs
All Contributors and Bugs
Obviously the list is getting quite large, help out by submitting bugs and moving duplicates to the bottom of this page.
To add to this list first make an account and then click "edit" and add your report.
- NOTE: Please be gracious with bug reports as not everything that goes wrong is a bug. IE: Hacking
All things with a + are on the Summarized list of bugs.
- Leveling more than once from a single fight (Ex. currently Lv 8, close to 9, boss fight levels character to 10) will cause all items that could be crafted from the skipped level to be ignored and unable to be crafted. If one would normally unlock the next level of the Life Potion on the level that was skipped, the potion is skipped as well and the player must wait until the next version of the potion. -Timmeh7o7
- Exiting the game while in combat will cause your character's game to become unable to save any more: that character will reset every time you exit.
(Alt+F4 yes but not with normal exit and quit, just tested it out... so don't know how you managed to do it...) -roon
- If you get the lucky x2, x3, etc when processing raw materials, and you have 49 of that item (lets say iron cubes) you will pass the limit, getting 51, 52. (limit is 50). +
-Metrunuituraga (that's the only way getting past the cap, would you prefer it instead that it'd destroy the excess from your lucky or force you to fail until you're unlucky or force you to be unlucky for 100%? I can live with how it is currently, the limit of one stack per kind is more annoying.) -BloodyRain2k (talk)
- If you craft something and leave the crafting station when it didn't complete, the next time you use a crafting station the bar will start from where you left it. (Made me waste components). +
- Sometimes not able to ride pet for some reason. (look at the water bars below your pet when there are non you can't ride it. -roon)
- When sleeping and you are attacked by an ogre, your body is thrown some way, but you stay in the same position as you were on the bed an you have to press R before you can start to attack the ogre. +
- Sometimes after respawning at a statue, you can get stuck in the landscape. Which sucks if you don't have any bombs. +
- Picking up Heartflowers might show up a Mushroom in the bottom right corner (only 1 frame). The opposite can happen when picking up Mushrooms. +
- Some light sources ignore walls and shine light through them. +
- If an action such as attacking is performed while riding and next to a vertical surface (e.g a cliff face) the pet flies up to the top. Particularly amusing with trees. +
- "Defeat the Ruler of the Ruins" missions will occasionally have no boss. +
- While in stealth, any enhancements to your weapons will stay visible. +
- It is possible to tame boss monsters, however they revert to their original size and the boss will immediately respawn if the pet is unequipped. +
- In dungeons, any potion, bomb, or food item found on a table will always be power +1. The copper coins however, will vary depending on the area's power, allowing for over 23000 copper coins to be picked up at once. +
- If an enemy starts to drink a potion while next to a wall, they will start to climb up the wall at the same time. Most noticeable in catacombs, ruins, and palaces. +
- Torches in pyramids have invisible walls in front of them. +
- If your pet dies while you are riding it then you will have an invisible mount. (To kill your pet while riding it, try jumping over spikes in a dungeon) +
- Dodging at the exact time you hit the ground will negate fall damage. +
- After you've been killed by a mob you can still place bombs and will still be able to consume food (this does not regenerate health, it will however take one from your inventory) +
- Spamming "O" will generate MP - PATCHED. 05/07/2013 +
- When in a shop GUI if you left click an item and move it to a player item slot (eg. Left weapon, Right weapon) and then spam right click you will get coins. - PATCHED. 05/07/2013 +
- GUI's overlap in game making it hard to read things and Cube World title is cut off at the top in the title screen (for me anyway).
- The 'Please wait' screen does not actually pause the game, leaving you vulnerable until the world loads. +
- Eating while already sitting on bench or stool will instantly consume food but give no health. +
- Minor bug, when eating while riding a pet, one would find themselves to fall through the pet and land on the ground. +
- If renaming your pet, it loses accumulated EXP. (Tested on dedicated server.) +
- Eating and opening the map causes HP regen numbers to appear in the map +
- If you don't have V-sync and triple buffering enabled the game can phenomenally increase the temperature of some GPU's. You can find the fix here: http://goo.gl/V8vM1 +
- Pets experience and levels gained on a server are lost upon leaving the server or talking to an innkeeper. +
- There seems to be a bug on servers which kills you / lower your hp til' death. Should be fixed by pressing 'r' a few times. +
- Seems to be easily possible to become trapped in a Pyramid if you don't have sufficient points in Climbing before going in. +
- Hit-boxes on torches in the pyramid are quite large, sometimes creating invisible walls, of sorts. +
- When you roll and jump right after and then spam jump again it causes you to double-jump (Jumps way higher than with a normal jump). +
- Server.exe will randomly shut down, Windows 7 64bit Professional. (This is due to the Scout's Retreat skill -Scimitar) +
- When dismounting off of pet you have to wait a period of time before sleeping in a bed (Not a Bug, if you dismount by attacking then you have to wait until you are "out of combat", instead just roll off.)
- If you jump and roll at the same time and then spam jump afterward you can perform a double jump. +
- If you tame two bunnies at once you freeze. +
- Wood Hang Glider(WHG) may cause Pet Unridable bug. One of my friend played rogue and die with WHG equiped, when he revived he found that Press R near a ridable pet made him flash onto the same position of the pet, not ride onto pet.
- Fix method: Unequip WHG and explode yourself and pet with Bomb at the same time, after revive you can ride pet again.
- Appears to peg multiple CPU threads on startup screen [after launcher, prior to loading a world]. Occurs on desktop or laptop. +
- A tamed Parrot randomly changes colours upon changing server or when called. +
- If Swimming whilst mounting on a Peacock (tall pet?) the player will graphically be floating infront of the mounted pet due to its head retracting. +
- Rolling takes you out of combat. +
- Mounting and dismounting takes you out of stuns.
- NPCs get stuck on destroyable objects like cotton plants. +
- Players can connect to a server (Only tested on a local server) on the same character from the same computer in two different windows, which can be exploited to duplicate items. +
- Mounting interrupts eating/drinking potions. +
- Being mounted underwater makes you swim faster. (unconfirmed) +
- Many non-Warrior bosses can use Cyclone. +
- If your pet dies stunned then it respawns stunned. +
- Re-equipping your pet revives it. +
- Cube World has no icon on the task bar.
- If you roll then attempt to mount while rolling your pet will teleport to you. +
- You can jump while eating. +
- When talking to an Innkeeper a different NPC will have a chat bubble. +
- If you get more Exp than needed for the next level, the game says you've gained the left over Exp. Example: needing 100 xp, getting 150, the game will tell you you've only gained 50 Exp even though you did get all 150Exp +
- If you spam "T" while fighting with a pet your pet will get healed and attack. +
- I don't know if this is a normal attack, but it is OP. The witches use a laser ability, it pretty much kills you instantly.
- If you try to use a potion while sleeping you will use it but not heal. +
- Sometimes on mountains and such in the map a blue undiscovered square will be partially red giving the illusion of lava. +
- If you mount your pet right as it spawns in stunned you will ride your pet stunned. +
- When using the boat, if you remove your boat from invertory, you'll be floating above the water. It will also work with changing your boat for your glider. You'll be riding your glider like a boat that way. +
- When having a character on each side of and attacking a boss with ranged classes the boss will sometimes get stuck and constantly swap agro between the two character. The boss will then stand still constantly swapping between the two and not go and attack. This seems very sitational. Additionally the boss will reset its HP and your attacks will start missing meaning the boss will become impossible to defeat. (already something like that on the list. -roon) +
- Hitting more than one enemy at once still gives you 1 hit. +
- After having a pet food out, if you switch to a pet cage you will hold out the cage. +
- Sea animals can get stuck out of water. +
- If fighting a mission boss before midnight carries on too long, its possible for the missions to change and you will no longer claim a reward for your current mission. +
- You might also be able to have a type of pet food in your pet item slot, the same item picked up with your mouse, and press E to pickup a third from the ground. Thus carrying 3 of the exact same pet food when normally only 1 is allowed. (you can only have max 2 of one type couse what you are holding in the hands are countet in the inventory. -roon)
- After June 23rd patch, on servers characters seem to take double the damage displayed, i.e. the number 5 appears on screen as damage, but 10 health is taken away. Does not happen offline.
- (tested only on a rogue) item-dependant attack speed seems to be evaluated only with the right-hand weapon : if you have a fist in right hand and a dagger in left hand, you will attack as fast as if you would have two fists.
- When mounting a Turle while it is doing the spinning attack, the sound is still there. This dissapears after a second or two.
- If a Warrior uses Smash while falling no fall damage will be taken. +
- If a Warrior uses Smash while in the air and doesn't hit the ground fast enough it won't do any damage to enemies. +
- If a Warrior uses Smash while in sailing he will have the boat's momentum. +
- If you use Intercept while standing right in front of a castle window you will teleport through the window.
- Shuriken Throw allows rogues to negate fall damage. +
- The Ninja's passive ability "Elusiveness" also causes your auto-attacks to crit, insted of only your special attacks. +
- Shuriken Throw will almost always reset your combo. Most noticable when used in a large group of enemies, and one does not recieve all hits.
- Shuriken Throw will not deactivate Counter Strike.
While in the Water spec, if friendly NPC's are fighting near you, they can sometimes aggro to you. They do no damage and will follow you as long as you do not move very far from them. +
- A Ranger with a crossbow has the ability to fire with maximum attack speed(as fast as you can click) with their M2 ability dealing the same amount of damage per hit. +
- If you use the Ranger's Retreat ability while you have a glider activated, the glider will inherit the full momentum of the Retreat. Note, this is pretty damn useful. +
- If you use the Rangers Retreat/Swiftness ability on a multiplayer server it will crash the server (Both when you are host and not host). +
- Unable to repeat bug, tried several times but to no avail.
- Tested several times, 100% the reason for the server crashing for me
- Have had issues with Swiftness but not Retreat. Seems like an intermittent thing.
- If you use the Ranger's Retreat ability and keep spamming space after the initial skill use you will continue to a certain point with that momentum. Note: This is very useful as well. +
- BUNNY-JUMP: If you use Retreat(While jumping) and KEEP PRESS SPACE RIGHT BEFORE LANDING, you will got the same JUMP HEIGHT and FORWARD SPEED(Same as retreat started) untill you failed that operate.(Much more faster than spamming space. It very like BunnyJump in CounterStrike, only cannot accelerate while jumping.)
- PS: If you success operated, it will IGNORE FALLING-DAMAGE WHATEVER THE HEIGHT YOU'RE FALLING.(But if you failed, you will got damaged)
- PS Again: You CANNOT ADJUST YOUR FORWARD DIRECTION while using BUNNY-JUMP.
- PS: If you success operated, it will IGNORE FALLING-DAMAGE WHATEVER THE HEIGHT YOU'RE FALLING.(But if you failed, you will got damaged)
Not everything sounds like a bug
I wanted to get other people's opinion, but I think a few of the things listed on the page are not actual bugs. I don't think any of the following are bugs:
- When the world gets dark so does the Map. Impossible to get any detail from the world map.
- (That the map is getting dark at night is a bug confimer by Wollay https://picroma.com/forums/thread/353 it is just that its not a high priority.) -roon
- Items dropped but not picked up don't fade away after certain amount of time
- (maybe but what is when u overload a server with items? can the world handel it?) -roon
- If fighting a mission boss before midnight carries on too long, its possible for the missions to change and you will no longer claim a reward for your current mission.
- (at the moment the game is working with a 24hour reset of bosses and mobs so :/ u can't say it is not a bug...) -roon
- Mounting interrupts eating/drinking potions.
- (maybe but the thing is it should be more like you can't mount the pet while eating/drinking potions...) -roon
- Can cast Mana Shield without interrupting attacks or dismounting of Pet/Hang Glider/Boat
- (the thing as a mage u "cast" your magic... but still attack and shield at the same time witout a cast time :/ i mean teleport has a cast time too) -roon
Just to be clear, I want to try and simplify the list of bugs to actual bad behavior - such as server crashing, or exploits. Things that people think "shouldn't work that way" are not actual bugs, unless it's officially stated that those things don't work that way. ZenonSeth (talk) 13:15, 10 July 2013 (CDT)
Sorting the list by bug severity
It might be helpful to tag each bug with a level of severity, from major to minor to negligible or simple annoyance, etc, and sort each section according to that scheme. I think it might help them prioritize their todo list (assuming they check this list). In case anyone needs an example reference of what I'm talking about, check this Minecraft Wiki's bug tracking page. Skaruts (talk) 11:57, 18 July 2013 (CDT)
Here go the duplicate bug reports for reviewing.